Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Candied carrots

Candied carrots

Candied carrots are a enormous household favourite for us. We really like the buttery honey glaze with the brown sugar and hint of cinnamon. I also add a tiny bit of cayenne to give a bit of a zip.


I created them this time with baby carrots, but I have also utilised greater standard sized carrots. In that case, I peel and cut them into chunks. Boil them till tender and adhere to the rest of the recipe.


These are wonderful as a side dish and are an excellent compliment for chicken, pork and even fish and beef. I typically make these when I bake a ham or grill pork chops. Amazing. I also enjoy these alongside some cedar plank grilled salmon.


These carrots come out super sweet that they are just like candy, which I suppose can make sense since they are known as CANDIED carrots. I saute them in a skillet, but they can also be ready in a saucepan as effectively.


This may well be the vegetable side dish that I have created much more than any other. They are definitely common on our dinner table for our Easter dinner and even Thanksgiving.


Believe in me, these will be well-known. Particularly amongst the little ones.


When preparing these, I boil the carrots right up until they tender. But, given that they will cook a minor longer in the glaze, you can get away from taking them out of the water with them still getting a minor bit of hardness. They will finish getting soft in the glaze.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken paprikash

What is Chicken Paprikash? Going back to its origins in Hungary, the dish is named “Papriks Csirke”, which practically implies “Paprika Chic...