two total racks/slabs (about 4 1/2 pounds) little one back pork ribs
six tablespoons Rub Number Nine, recipe follows
one/2 cup orange juice (not fresh squeezed)
one/two cup margarita mix
one tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
one teaspoon espresso powder or instant coffee powder
one/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
one 1/four cups dark brown sugar
3/four cup chili powder
1/four cup garlic powder
2 tablespoons ground thyme
one tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon allspice
- Area each rib rack on a sheet of added-broad, hefty-duty aluminum foil. (The foil should be 4 inches longer than the ribs on both finish.) Season racks liberally with kosher salt and sprinkle every single rack with 3 tablespoons of the rub. Flip the ribs, meat side down, and tightly seal every single foil pouch. Spot on a half sheet pan and refrigerate overnight.
- The following day, heat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Mix the orange juice and margarita mix in a liquid measuring cup. Open one finish of every pouch and evenly divide the liquid amongst the two pouches. Reseal the pouches and place the sheet pan in the oven for two hours. Remove the ribs from the oven, cautiously open 1 end of every single pouch and pour the braising liquid into a heatproof measuring cup. Reseal the pouches and place them and the measuring cup of liquid into the refrigerator for up to 8 hrs.
- The excess fat in the braising liquid will have solidified on the best and can be eliminated at this time. Transfer the liquid to a tiny saucepan and include the honey, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, espresso powder and cayenne pepper. Whisk to combine. Set above medium high heat and lessen to a glaze, around ten minutes.
- Set a gasoline grill to medium-substantial and permit to heat for ten minutes. Minimize every single slab in half and location them on the grill, flesh side down, near the lid and lower the heat to medium. Depart alone for three minutes. Flip and cook for yet another three minutes. Flip and cook for three minutes on each and every side 1 a lot more time or until every single rib has a great char. Remove the ribs from the grill to a cutting board. and lower into 2 rib portions, utilizing kitchen shears. Add the ribs and half the glaze to a massive serving bowl and toss to totally coat. Serve the remaining glaze on the side.
- Area all of the ingredients in an airtight container and shake to mix. Keep for up to three months.
- Yield: about 2 1/two cups
My Private Notes
Have a Backyard BBQ
Looking for Some thing Else?
Let's Get Cooking!