Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Frittata muffins

Frittata muffins

Last Up to date on thirty Jul 19


Bored of your normal cereal and toast for breakfast? How about grabbing a couple of these gorgeously healthful and colourful veggie muffin frittatas out of the freezer instead?


Forgive me if I’ve talked about this ahead of (about 5 occasions), but a single of my favourite approaches of cheering myself up on a Monday morning when I lived in Greece was to pay a small check out to the bakery before function.


Feel me, it was tough to come to feel gloomy with a cup of coffee and a freshly baked ring of bread stuffed with soft feta cheese in front of me.


These days, I’m a reformed porridge every morning sort of woman, but final week I had the largest craving for a warm, cheesy bread ‘something’. In the absence of my beloved Greek bakery, I opted for a ham and emmental croissant.


The croissant was fairly excellent too, but high-priced, so sadly I won’t be possessing one particular every single day


Wholesome, tasty, and Rather!


I suppose it wouldn’t be the healthiest breakfast to have each day, both, so this past weekend I produced myself these super healthier (but really tasty, nonetheless) veggie muffin frittatas.


I was going to phone these rainbow veggie muffin frittatas. They may not be capable to rival a warm ring of bread with feta stuffed inside it, but who can resist rainbow anything at all?


In reality, these veggie muffin frittatas have fairly a good deal going for them:



  1. They’re about 10 instances healthier than bakery treats.

  2. They aid you use up all the little odds and ends of veggies you have hanging close to in your fridge.

  3. They consider hardly any time to make, after you’ve chopped up mentioned veggies.

  4. You can freeze them in baking paper, then grab and go for an easy pack-up meal.

  5. They make for a rather excellent value meal.

  6. They make for a quite healthful meal – these veggies are critically packed in there.

  7. They can be breakfast or lunch. Dinner too if you like.

  8. They’re rather cute … don’t you think?



I tossed feta through my frittata mixture, of program, but any cheese will perform. If you liked, you could even add bits of cooked bacon or sausage if you wanted to make them just a tiny bit naughty.


So just in case you had been wondering…


How prolonged do you cook these mini frittata for?


Just 10 to twelve minutes! For perfect muffin frittatas you want the egg mixture to be set but still somewhat wobbly in the middle.


And can you freeze them?


I grabbed two of these out of the freezer nowadays and took them to work. At lunchtime I popped them in the microwave for a few seconds and ate them with toasted sourdough bread and a large blob of mayonnaise.


They have been slightly much more watery than when fresh, but if you don’t mind that they make a excellent grab-and-go lunch.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken paprikash

What is Chicken Paprikash? Going back to its origins in Hungary, the dish is named “Papriks Csirke”, which practically implies “Paprika Chic...