Thursday, April 11, 2019

Salt potatoes

Salt potatoes

Many years ago, I go through Kim Severson’s piece in the New York Instances about salt potatoes. I remember considering, “Those sound fascinating. I should consider them.” Two years later on, I finally did! (I’m in no way one particular to rush!)


To be trustworthy, I was surprised to learn that salt potatoes are a central New York dish. I’d never ever heard of the practice of boiling “new” potatoes in copious quantities of salt. By some means this dish didn’t make the 150 mile jump from Syracuse to Albany. I’m sorry it didn’t! These potatoes are great!


What tends to make these potatoes exclusive? The texture! The interior was actually smooth and tender–almost like boiled potatoes, baked potatoes and mashed potatoes acquired together and produced a little one! A tender, delightful, salty potato little one.


If you’re worried, like I was, that these potatoes will taste also salty, concern not. The salt is just proper. And they are nowhere as salty as potato chips. To finish, I tossed the potatoes in melted butter and herbs.


Salt, potatoes, butter and herbs? Doesn’t that sound fantastic?


Here’s how to make ’em


Grab a massive pot and deliver 10 cups of water and 1 1/two cups of Kosher salt to a boil. Then add the potatoes. There’s so significantly salt in the water that you’ll see it cling to the pot as the potatoes cook.


Drain. A pretty white coating of salt will cling to the potatoes.


Toss with butter and fresh herbs. Or just leave ’em alone. The salt potatoes are wonderful on their personal.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicken paprikash

What is Chicken Paprikash? Going back to its origins in Hungary, the dish is named “Papriks Csirke”, which practically implies “Paprika Chic...